Mary Kay Reviews

09:49

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! :)


One brand that I haven't heard much about is Mary Kay, i've never seen their products in store nor have I seen any reviews on their products so when my neighbour introduced me this brand I was quite intrigued. I actually put of buying their products for a year because I was so busy with general lifeness however this summer I decided to just go for it and try out some of their stuff! I initially wanted to get the Acne Trial Size Kit which included Spot Solution, Pore Purifying Serum and a Claryfying Cleanser in a sample size but I was convinced (damn my weak ways) to get the Cleanser and Freshen. Both products I got are from the Botanical Effects range and you can buy the products according to your skin type. My neighbour told me that the Botanical Effects range is designed for sensitive skin which is perfect for me.

So onto the review!

Botanical Effects Cleanser 

The first thing I got was the Botanical Effects Cleanser, my neighbour actually ordered it in the wrong skin type. I'm combination but she ordered it in normal, I used it anyways and it's working just fine. This cleanser comes in a squeezy tube bottle, so I put some onto my fingers, dab it areas on my face and then rub it in. It has a very milky/creamy consistency, at first I didn't like it because I wanted something more foamy but after a few uses I prefer a creamy consistency. This cleanser really helps to remove all the dirt on your face and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. It hasn't irritated my skin at all (bearing in mind that I have sensitive skin) and it works amazingly for me.

Botanical Effects Freshen

This product I actually got in my correct skin type which I was glad about! On the Mary Kay website the description for this product was "This formula removes excess oil without drying skin. Minimises the appearance of pores, clarifies skin and helps cleanse pores." This product does exactly what it describes, it removes off any excess dirt which you may have missed during cleansing while also removing excess oil. This product comes in a spray bottle however you can't spray it directly onto your face. You put some onto a cotton pad and then just rub them all across your face avoiding the mouth and eye area. I use this after cleansing and again it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and hasn't irritated me at all.

I've noticed a positive difference in my skin when using these two products together. Like I said it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth but also i've realised that I don't get as many breakouts when using these products. My skin breaks out to LOTS of products, many that I try just take a negative effect on my skin however these two haven't done that. I will be sticking with these two products for a while because I rarely find things that work and now that I have, they will be staying. These products don't feel harsh on the skin at all, when I use these I feel like i'm doing good to my skin. Both these products are at £13 which is an average price for skincare and I believe that it's worth spending money on these two. The product also goes a long way, i've had my cleanser and freshen since July/August and I haven't run out yet. To buy the cleanser click here and to buy the freshen click here.

Thanks for reading and I hope you found this helpful! :)

Adalia xx


You Might Also Like

39 comments

  1. I'm not sure where your from but in the southern states this is a common product. Its not really sold in stores but people do it from like out of home for the company and you have little make up parties and such. Their products are great, I've tried velocity before and it worked well and I used to use their medium foundation which is great! Glad to hear you liked those products, I just might have to try them out :)

    http://ashley11988.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have senseitive skin too, I find it hard to find products that don't cause a reaction! Kiehl's works for me but now I really want to try this too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mi sister use the first one, is great!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. been waiting for someone to review this for ages! Great post dear, maybe you could come and visit my blog too? :)

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey darling)
    Nice post)I like it)
    I invite you to take part in my giveaway)
    http://amenfashion-christy.blogspot.ru/2013/10/giveaway-with-romwetwo-pairs-of-leggings.html

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know and I will follow you right back
    outsidethewardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this brand, the products sound great x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to try this brand, like you I rarely find anything that works as well for my skin as it does for others.
    Have just started following you on both GFC and Bloglovin :)

    Abby
    betweentodaytomorrow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was really helpful as I've heard about this brand a few times but have never really checked it out. Thanks for the review, and lovely blog :)
    x

    perksofbeingamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review! I have never thought about using their products ever!
    Would love to have us follow each other, let me know? :)

    ♥Stacey Nguyen

    www.trendyoutings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the post ! lovely blog :) following your blog... love if you would follow mine :)
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet blog

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this post! Now i know better this stuff :D
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger check out my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com
    Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey ! nice blog :*
    follow each other ? just let me know <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've nominated you for the sunshine award, if you wish to take part then check out this link http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-sunshine-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never tried anything by MAry kay before but I really want to try this out now!

    hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review, thanks for sharing...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Adalia! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please check it out!
    http://ashley11988.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tired this brand, but I have heard great things. Loved your review, very honest, might have to go see for myself now :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your blog.
    I follow you and I hope you can follow me back
    Kisses
    http://chic-and-everything.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  21. i shall need to check this out!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never heard of Mary Kay Products, I'd love to try them.
    Just stumbled across your blog and I am now following.
    Lots of Love,
    Katie x

    dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi, great post, good review!

    http://heytheregood-looking.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Such a great review, nice items! : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope, in Poland, I'll find it :) not only by internet.
    like to follow?:)
    Just let me know! i'm following you now

    Kisses :*:*
    Karola

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Mary kay products!
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i really want to try some mary kay products :)

    check out my latest posts?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great review! love your blog

    http://katinhaxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never heard of this brand but they sound great, especially since I have really sensitive skin too! Lovely review! L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! Happy new year!

    I´m following you now. Would you like to visit my blog and follow me back?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great products!)) Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey girl- great product reviews. And read about your time at uni- stick it out, can be hard but will be rewarding- the hardest things usually are :D
    Following you- check out my blog and follow back. :D
    www.shantesaysstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    Shanté x

    ReplyDelete
  33. lovely review!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your blog!

    www.cf-fashion.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice picture,You look absolutely stunning!

    http://www.2015chanelshops.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts