Favourite Foundation

10:06

Its been a while since I last posted but I thought I might as well kick it off with a review of my favourite foundation to date. My all time favourite foundation is the Estee Lauder Double Wear and i'm in the shade 4N1 - Shell Beige.


Just to give you a little background on myself, I have very normal skin which can be drier round my forehead region and oiler on my nose. What I look for in a foundation is something that is very full coverage, doesn't look cakey and can seamlessly blend with other products I use well.

I sampled this foundation in 2013 and it took me a while to actually purchase it because I was testing out numerous of shades, constantly going back to Boots and requesting a sample in a different shade. In the end i've realised I can switch between two but does require some blending down my neck, these two shades are either 4N1 or 3W2. I do tend to stick to 4N1.



So onto the foundation review, this foundation is full coverage however, I use around two coats in certain areas to make that coverage a lot stronger. This foundation does stick to my drier patches on my forehead, however, because my skin is not horrendously dry, I can get away with this. As for blending products on top, this foundation somewhat allows you to do that. I have tried the Chanel Bronze Universal and on one side of my face it went extremely patchy and by the end of the night, I had a streak across my face where the bronzer rubbed off, taking my foundation with it. However, when I use my concealer on top, it seems to blend the product well without any difficulties. I do not put this product in my under-eye region, simply because I want all the highlighter to do the work there. The consistency of this foundation is not as thick as many would think. I cannot stand foundations that you can really feel sitting on your face, it drives me insane! However, this foundation does not feel like that at all, I would go as far as saying I can hardly feel it on my face. In terms of wear time, no foundation has worn so long on me before. I usually use this foundation when I am going out clubbing and when I come back, my foundation hasn't budged very much. Many have reported that due to the SPF in this foundation (SPF 15) it does cause flashback in photos which I do agree with but again its nothing major for me to stop using this foundation. Removing the foundation is something many people find very difficult with Double Wear. As this foundation has an amazing wear time, I feel as that it just sticks to my skin and requires a lot of work to remove. I have actually used an Estee Lauder cleanser which was recommended to me but did not feel it was anything extraordinary for me to repurchase. I have also tried to use Micellar cleansing waters and again, it does very little to take my make up off. So instead I use the Garnier 2 in 1 cleanser, something which I have reviewed on my blog and something which I still love today. The Garnier cleanser takes off my foundation so quickly and I would definitely recommended this product for anyone using this foundation. I usually then follow up with a cleanser to really just clear my pores. 

The packaging of this foundation, I really struggle with. On one hand, I do really love it because the frosted matte glass looks so sleek and lovely on the dressing table but on the other hand, this foundation comes with no pump! Using this foundation for around two years and still, the matter of no pump irritates me. I have learnt how to control how much product I need but I feel for the price of this foundation, a pump should be provided. 

While talking about price, this is slightly on the pricier side costing of around £30. However, I do tend to buy this product when Debenhams or having special points event so I can get extra points on my card. 

In my opinion, I definitely think this foundation is amazing. There is a huge colour range so I would recommended getting tested out and don't be afraid to go back and ask for a sample in a different shade because at the end of the day, this is a product you are putting a lot of money into so you want the shade to be perfect for you. For me this foundation would be a 9/10.

Below I will link some shops where the foundation can be purchased.

Adalias Closet 

Look Fantastic 

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. I love this foundation too! :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog design and content. I'm a relatively new blogger (since 22nd December) it would be cool if you could check my blog out X

    Pugsanddonuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this foundation!! I have to get some! Lovely post!

    Darriyan x

    http://darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! x

      Delete
  4. This foundation looks amazing! thanks for sharing hope you had a great 2016! x http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and have a great 2016 too :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love that there's a big colour range for this foundation, but I'm definitely not a fan of the whole no pump situation!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such a huge range so getting a close colour match would be easier :) no pump is literally so frustrating!

      Delete
  6. You can buy a pump for it from MAC, eBay or Amazon!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too but for the price of this foundation, a pump should have provided aha xx

      Delete
  7. this sounds amazing! i'm actually looking for a great new foundation, thanks for sharing!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely! Sadly I have very dry skin, so it wouldn't look to well on me.

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin either but you could always get a sample and try using an illuminating primer underneath? :) xx

      Delete
  9. Ooo sounds amazing, I need to try them asap HAHA:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a good foundation, I was looking for a decent one so I shall definitely try this one out now!
    L x

    Check out my Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never tried this one out but I have a sample so I'll try it really soon (:
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE your account design and your posts are so interesting to read! and this is my favourite foundation too omg it is amazinggg xoxox

    www.teenageegirll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, I doubt my dry / dehydrated skin would love this but I have been thinking about using it as a concealer because of how full coverage and long lasting it is.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete